Call for Abstracts
Abstract Submissions are NOW CLOSED.
Please note: All speaker’s who's abstract has been accepted into the ATDC Conference program must register and pay to attend the Conference.
The 2018 ATDC Conference Shaping Our Future, program will be streamed by the key areas of Ideas, Practice and Systems. Following keynote presentations, concurrent sessions and workshops will run to provide delegates with sufficient choice to enjoy a varied and stimulating conference program.
Abstracts are invited on the conference theme however the program will be able to accommodate presentations on other areas of interest to the alcohol and other drug field.
Topics for Consideration
- Where do we want to be in 5 years, from a service or at a sector level?
- What are the immediate challenges we face?
- What are some new evidence-based approaches that are working for you?
- How can we improve our service system?
- What are the challenges to treatment of alcohol and other drugs moving forward?
- How can we collaborate better with other sectors?
- How can we constructively work with the media to reduce stigma and discrimination of alcohol and other drug users?
- How effective is the ATOD sector in working with CALD/indigenous/LGBTI communities?
- What are we doing to improve aboriginal health outcomes?
- Share your service model or approach – what might we learn from existing and emerging practice wisdom?
- Share your data collection model
- How do policy responses to alcohol and other drug use impact on or shape stigma and discrimination in the broader community?
- How might thought provoking ideas or cutting edge approaches influence policy formation?
- How do punitive policy measures intersect with poverty and human rights?
- What are quality, cutting edge, evidence-based treatment options? Prevention strategies?
- What does good supervision look like? What should it provide?
- Evidenced-based knowledge and practice wisdom, how do these inform best practice?
- What are the ethics and principles that build collaborative service system development?
- What models exist of collaborative service systems and what might they offer the ATOD sector in Tasmania?
- Workforce development challenges; what are the changing demographics of workers and clients?
- Best practice strategies for managing worker wellbeing and preventing burnout.